now browsing by tag
Montabert HC95 Drifter
The Montabert HC95 is part of Montabert France new generation hydraulic drifters.
You get 3 types of HC95 Drifters LA (“A” Adaption/Multipurpose/face drilling) – LM (“M” Mining) – LQ (“Q” Quarrying/surface mining).
What is a hydraulic drifter?
A drifter drill or drifter/rock drill is a hydraulic or pneumatic rock or ground drill used to make vertical and horizontal holes in tunnel construction and mining. It is mounted on a feed, which is like a rail that the drill travels on or drifts. This kind of drilling procedure is also called drifting. The feed is usually attached with a flexible boom (like an arm) to a stationary or mobile unit that contains the powerpack (engine and hydraulic pump or compressor). Drifters are used in mining, construction, exploration, and natural science.
It usually consists of a percussive system and a rotative system. The percussive system strikes the drill steel, for example 2000-5000 strikes per minute, whereas the number of rotations can be, for example, 100-400 per minute. The combination of these functions enables drilling holes into rock. The excess material (cuttings) is pushed up from the bottom of the hole by means of pressurized air or water.
Drifter drills can be top-hammer drills/ CPA units or Underground Single/Double Boomers and roof bolters.
Montabert HC95 Specifications:
Weight and dimensions
|Overall length without shank||1,033 mm|
|Overall length with shank||1,162 mm|
|Overall width||301 mm|
|Height above shank axis||86 mm|
|Maximum output||21 kW|
|Percussion flow range (max)||100–120 l/min|
|Percussion pressure range (max)||170–200 bar|
|Maximum impact frequency||3,720 bpm|
|Maximum impact energy||340 J|
|100 cc||125 cc||160 cc|
|Maximum rotation speed (RPM)||303||303||296|
|Oil flow (l/min)||48||60||75|
|Maximum pressure (bar)||210||210||210|
|Maximum torque (Nm)||480||600||750|
Flushing flow and pressure
|Water flushing||60–120 l/min|
|Front end lubricating air consumption at 3 bar||300 l/min|
Montabert HC95 Drifter design features:
- High input/output efficiency ratio, for reduced and optimized energy consumption
- Latest generation of patented proactive hydraulic dampener, improving shanks and bits life span
- Standard configuration with stainless steel front end
- High-capacity HP nitrogen accumulator granting high and constant impact energy
- Energy recovery system boosting impact rate for better penetration results
- Strong and economical rotation system allowing large reaming holes
- Standard configuration with hydraulic reverse percussion, allowing long hole drilling applications
- The shortest drifter in its category; longer holes for the same feed size
- No tie rods; single body drifter prevents seizing and breakage issues
- No need to re-inflate accumulators between overhauls
- New patented anti-cavitation sealing system, increasing intervals between overhauls
- New drifter concept with less parts for handy maintenance
Surface Mining and Construction
The versatile HC95 drifter can be used on surface mining operations with a Montabert 295 CPA excavator-mounted rock drill attachment aimed to match or exceed the production rate of conventional drill rigs. It offers contractors the versatility to drill holes from 63.5 to 101.6 mm in diameter, and up to 22 m deep.
In underground mines the Montabert HC95 Drifter is used for long hole Drilling and Roof bolting.
Underground Drill rigs that use a HC95
Resemin – Troidon 44 XP, Troidon 55 XP, Troidon 66 XP, Raptor series, Cable R55
Joy Global – Joy Vein Runner II
Komatsu – Small-class bolter (ZB21) small-class jumbo (ZJ21) and medium-class jumbo ZJ32i/ZJ32Bi
Kaishan – Tunneling Jumbo KJ212, KJ211, KJ310, KJ311, KJ421, KJ422
XCMG – TZ3A, TZ3S, TZ2A, TGC1300
GHH – Mine Master Face Master 1.4
Repairs and Maintenance:
Maintenance Hours 400Hours 800hours 1600hours
Here at Insumbi Technical Business we put our customers hydraulic drifters on preventative maintenance schedule because it saves money and allows longer life out your drifter. Through these maintenance schedules you can determine site abuse and avoid catastrophic failures.
Insumbi is an approved by Montabert France for South Africa
All technician have been certified to work on Montabert Drifters.
We are the only company who can dyno your hydraulic drifter on completion.
All parts supplied are OEM